In 2018, Frisco TX was named The Number One Best Place to Live in America.
You may have noticed that in recent years, cities in North Texas have ranked on Money magazine’s annual list of “The Best Places to Live in America.” It was recently announced that for 2018, Frisco, TX ranked Number One on “The Best Places to Live in America!” This is no surprise based on the residential and commercial growth Frisco has been experiencing over the last several years.
Some of the Growth has been brought on by The Star in Frisco, Home of The Dallas Cowboys’ Headquarters, and State of The Art Training Facility! The Star is also a great place to shop, dine, and enjoy the Dallas Cowboys-themed campus. The Star offers more than twenty restaurants, shops and specialty services.
Frisco’s School System
Money magazine also stated that Frisco’s public school system also contributed to Frisco’s Number One placing on the list.
These rankings were confined to cities with a population of 50,000 or more residents. As of July 2019, The Census bureau estimated Frisco’s population at 200,490.
Money magazine excluded cities that had the following characteristic.
- Cities that had more than double the national crime risk
- Less than 85 percent of its state’s median household income
- Lacking ethnic diversity.
- Frisco’s Quality of Life
According to Money magazine, the greatest weight was put on economic health, public school performance and local amenities. Housing, cost of living and diversity were also considered.
Frisco Economic Development Corporation
According to Frisco’s Economic Development Corporation, here are some keys notes in regards to Frisco’s Quality of Life.
- Over 1,369-acres of developed park land in 48 park sites including the largest skate park in North Texas.
- There are 56 miles of Hike & Bike trails in Frisco, TX.
- Frisco is also Headquarters for seven professional sports teams and four pro-sports venues: Dr Pepper Ballpark, Dr Pepper Arena, Toyota Stadium and The Ford Center at The Star in Frisco.
- Frisco is home to the Texas Sculpture Garden, the largest private collection of contemporary outdoor sculpture in the country.
Best Places to Live in America
Other “Best Places to Live in America”
Golf Courses in Frisco
Frisco, TX has three public golf courses and they are.
Frisco is also Home of the Frisco Discovery Center, National Videogame Museum, Museum of the American Railroad and Sci-Tech Discovery Center.
About Michael Brownstead
Michael Brownstead is a 24-year Army Retired Veteran who has been selling real estate in Frisco, TX and surrounding communities since 2010. One of Michael Brownstead’s many specialties is assisting Veterans with their real estate needs.